SECURE YOUR PROPERTY AND TRACK YOUR ASSETS TODAY
REGISTER YOUR PROPERTY WITH ALERTUS
- Firstly, whether it be a residential or business premises, you register your property on the Alertus Website.
- In this section you will be asked to provide the basic details about your property including the name and contact details for the person registering the property.
- Following this you have the option to add additonal names and contact numbers of any other person(s) you wish to nominate as “key holders” to this property.
- There is no limit to the number of key holders you can list for each property.
- In addition to this there is facility to add information such as the presence and type of dangerous or flammable goods on the property, details on any valuable assets and relevant serial numbers, security aspects relating to the property etc under the Asset Register, Hazard Register or Digital Vault sections.
IDENTIFY YOUR PROPERTY AS REGISTERED WITH ALERTUS
- Once you have registered your property, Alertus will post you out a Welcome Pack.
- Contained in the Welcome Pack is confirmation of your registration into the Alertus database, a set of Alertus Property Identification stickers (see example below) marked with your unique property ID number and a set of instructions on affixing the stickers to your property.
- Also included will be two pieces of support documents to communicate to your chosen key holders and neighbours.
CONTACT WITH ALERTUS ABOUT YOUR PROPERTY
- Now that your property is registered and identified as an Alertus customer, it is easy for anyone to contact you about your property, via the Alertus call centre, 24 hrs a day – 7 days a week.
- It doesn’t matter whether it is the NZ Police, Fire Service, St John Ambulance, a neighbour, a passerby, member of the public, contractor… the list goes on.
- Anyone can simply see the property ID sticker, ring the Alertus call centre on 0800 201 201 and explain the circumstances.
- Alertus will then contact you or your nominated keyholders registered within that properties profile.
- Alertus will NOT pass on your contact details to anyone that rings Alertus.
- Instead, Alertus will simply contact you or your nominated key holder, provide you with the contact details of the person wishing to make contact with you and/or explain the circumstances that has taken place at your property.
Place Alertus stickers at your property and give Alertus cards to your neighbours.They contain a Register number unique to your property and the Alertus 0800 free call number. These will be supplied to you as part of your “Welcome Pack” once you have joined Alertus.
Login at alertus.co.nz and update your contact details any time of the day or night, 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week. Leave instructions and other important information for Police, or other emergency services, to access in an emergency, e.g. asset serial numbers and details, dangerous goods stored on site, pets, security company etc. When Alertus is notified of an incident we will contact you, or your nominated back-up choice. If Police or any emergency services are called out, they can contact you through Alertus too.